Saturday, January 2, 2010

hey new decade..

It's twenty-ten.
It's a
new decade.
It's
a fresh start.
It's a
genesis.

Ten years ago people were worried about
Y2K.
Ten years ago I was
ten years old without any real cares in the world.
Ten years ago the
world was a different place than it is today.
Ten years ago we said hello to a
new millennium.

In the past ten years I've lost and gained good
friends.
In the past ten years I've watched
America change.
In the past ten years
I've grown physically + spiritually.
In the past ten years I've
seen God do awesome things, big and small.

In the next ten years I could
be married to prince charming.
In the next ten years I could be a
mother to a small child.
In the next ten years I will be in my
thirties.
In the next ten years
anything could happen.

Here's to the
next ten years.
Here's to watching
God move in more mysterious ways.
Here's to new
places and new faces.
Here's to ten more years of
living an extraordinary life.

. . . . .

[this has nothing to do with the new year, but I'm currently obsessed with the song Hey, Soul Sister by Train + listening to my moms (my mom is pretty sweet) new Norah Jones album The Fall that she got for Christmas.. my ears are happy.]

. . . . .

au revoir twenty-oh-nine