Thursday, February 4, 2010

love, love, L o v e...

I'm not really that girl who goes ga ga over Valentines Day, I think it is something with potential of being classy & sweet that has morphed into something a little tacky & obnoxious. I worked at a Hallmark when I was in high school for a year & husbands/boyfriends definitely all wait until the last minute to get Val‘s Day cards! AND I’m NOT that girl who is going to sit at home on Valentine’s Day wallowing in self pity, because I don’t have a boyfriend or anyone to spend Valentine’s Day with, trust me!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, so what is this Valentines Day? According to the very reliable Wikipedia, St. Val’s Day is a celebration of love & affection between intimate companions...Traditionally a day on which lovers express their love for each other by presenting flowers, offering confectionery, and sending greeting cards (known as “valentines”).


That’s cute right? A day to celebrate love, with someone you love? So what if you don’t have a significant other? Who said you can’t still celebrate?

SIDE NOTE: {I’m secretly (secretly because I don’t think I come across as, but deep down inside I am) a hopeless romantic, I’m not obsessed with love but I really can’t wait until Prince Charming is in my life & he goes out of his way to buy me some beautiful flowers & wants to dress up & take me out to a nice dinner, just because he cherishes time with me on Valentines Day! (No candy, because I’m diabetic, just kidding I do love chocolate...)}

While I was thinking about the whole Valentine’s Day deal, putting heart shaped suckers, obnoxious Valentine’s stuffed animals, overpriced Hallmark cards, sappy love songs, & dreaming of Prince Charming aside, this year I want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with a perfect Man! Who has been after my heart since before I was born. Who desires to be my Lover. Who is jealous for me. And wants me to spend time with Him, falling more & more in love with Him.

I wish I could drill this TRUTH into the heads & hearts of EVERY single girl in the world who thinks she needs to find her confidence or significance in having a boy/guy/man by her side who “loves” her. Being able to rest on the fact that God is the perfect Lover for YOU should be comfort enough to know that as your Lover, He has what’s best for you in mind, and wants you to have the desires of your heart. And that if He wants you to be with Prince Charming someday, that He will bring him into your life EXACTLY when the time is right.

God is perfect & his timing is perfect. So we wait in patience, for His timing, not being anxious, not wallowing in self-pity, or wasting our life on “what could be”. Instead we look to the sky with our eyes wide for opportunities to grow closer to Him & chances to serve Him while we wait for Him to reveal, page by page the Love Story that He’s writing for us...

HOW GREAT IS THE LOVE THAT THE FATHER HAS LAVISHED ON US.
(first john three:one)

No comments: