Wednesday, February 20, 2013

keep my eyes above the waves..

long time no write. i forgot it's kind of scary to spew your heart out for people to read.. even if it only makes sense to the person writing it.

"LINDSAY, the water is almost over your head these days, but you just have to keep looking at Me so it won't go over your head. I've never failed you before, so why would I fail you now...?"

I feel like this is all God is screaming at me right now, this week, the last few weeks maybe... this entire season of my life right now!!  EVERY aspect of my life & so many relationships that I am closely connected to are all God testing my faith more than ever these days.  To see how I'll come out in the end of this season, if I'm going to just let the water come up over my head & give up or if I'm going to keep looking at Him to keep my head above the water & believe it will be okay, no matter the outcome.

{SPIRIT LEAD ME 
WHERE MY TRUST IS WITHOUT BORDERS
LET ME WALK UPON THE WATERS
WHEREVER YOU WOULD CALL ME
TAKE ME DEEPER 

THAN MY FEET COULD EVER WANDER
AND MY FAITH WOULD BE MADE STRONGER
IN THE PRESENCE OF MY SAVIOUR...}


Literally every area in my life right now feels very {unknown} regarding the future & days to come, which is how it always is with the future, but it's different this time.  Being good or bad outcomes I still have this sense of peace about everything & hope that God is in control no matter the outcomes of certain situations.  He already has all the tiniest details worked out & a greater plan for me & everyone around me than {we} could ever imagine.

{WE KNOW THAT ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD TO THOSE WHO LOVE HIM ACCORDING TO HIS PURPOSE}

I have a problem with day-dreaming about the future & setting my heart in the future instead of focusing on living HERE in the present.. I started the new year hesitant about anything good coming in the future because {last} year was kind of yucky, but the Sunday before the new year started my pastor talked all about living in the present, not dwelling on the future or being stuck in the past.  So since then I've been TRYING my hardest to be content with NOW. I feel like God has been teaching me how to be OK with right now and where He has me for RIGHT now, not setting my heart in the days to come & not setting myself up for disappointment if something doesn't end how I had dreamed or hoped for.

All that ramble to say that God has always had this passage on my heart, but it's more on my heart now because I feel like God is gearing my heart up for the DAYS TO COME now.  Even though I'm trying my best to not live in the {future} He's saying "Hey Lindsay YOU NEED STRENGTH from Me to keep your head & heart above the water in the days to come right now.."

{SHE wears STRENGTH & DIGNITY & LAUGHS at the FUTURE}

So with the uncertainty about the days to come & the million of situations of people around me all I can focus on right now is that God is constantly calling me out of the boat & onto the water, even when I think I am about to sink He calls out & says "Keep your eyes on Me & you're not going to sink under the pressure" Even though I'm unsure about the days to come, I know that I still feel peace about it & am covered in the strength of the Lord to keep going & to not give up & to praise Him no matter what the days to come look like................ amen.

{Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. When he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!" Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”}




{picture via r. roath}

...oceans (where feet may fail)//hillsong
...romans eight:twenty-eight
...proverbs thirty-one:twenty-five

No comments: