Friday, April 24, 2009

w o r s h i p GOD...



Wor·ship·ing: verb show reverence and adoration for (a deity); honor with religious rites...
Ad⋅o⋅ra⋅tion: noun the act of paying honor, as to a divine being; worship.

I realize that as a Christian I can worship my Creator through everything in my life. I think that I connect with my Creator a lot though, through musical worship. That is why Hillsong DVD's make me smile, Lighthouse makes me excited, & my worship playlist(s) on iTunes make my ears feel good...

So I am watching the This Is Our God DVD from Hillsong with my twin. I have watched it several times but, typically I play it while I am doing something else and not actually watch it, or just listen to it. I just watched it. Start to finish (even the twenty some minute long ending of "With Everything"). I watched the people in the DVD, worship God. I watched the people on stage, worship God. I watched the people in the DVD, cry out & raise their hands in surrender to God

As much as I love being a in the audience in corporate (musical) worship, I do love to watch people worship God (in a non-creepy way of course). This is what I love about it...
  1. People raising their hands in surrender to our God.
  2. People freely worshiping God.
  3. People crying out to God.
  4. People closing their eyes to keep from distraction or in prayer to our God.
  5. People talking to God.
  6. People on their knees before our King...
....

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs

--Psalm 100:1 & 2

"We bow our hearts, we lift our hands
we turn our eyes to You again
And we surrender to the truth
that all we need is found in You
Receive our adoration Jesus Lamb of God
Receive our adoration, how wonderful You are..."

--Adoration, Brenton Brown.



No comments: