Monday, October 11, 2010

hope{s}...

Why does God let us get our hopes up then He doesn’t cater to whatever it is we had hoped for? Is He trying to makes us feel frustrated or hopeless?

{HE will never leave us or forsake us..}

Just because He doesn’t deliver {what it is we had hoped for} doesn’t mean He’s giving up or neglecting what we need. He’s God. He knows what is best for us. He’s preparing our lives according to the plans He already has written for us.

It’s just not His timing.
Not His plan.
He has a different direction to take us in.
He has something new for us to discover.
He wants me to rely on Him more.
He wants me to be content with the wait-and-see*.
He doesn’t want my hope in anything else but Him.
He wants to bring me closer to Him.
He wants to bring me to my knees.
It’s working. He’s working.
I like it.

{*side note: one of my favorite movie quotes (from Elizabethtown of course..) is “It was sort of a wait-and-see… then I waited & I saw” }

…philippians three:twelve-sixteen, the message.

No comments: