Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Holy.

{disclaimer, I realize worship isn't just music, as Christians everything in our lives can be a form of worship for our Saviour, in this instance I'm talking about worship through music...}

I think music period moves me more than the average person either the actual music or the lyrics {or both} but
I think worship music moves me more.

I like to have
a lot of room around me during worship. I like having my eyes closed {unless I don't know the song, then I read the words!!} I tend to sway a lot & move back & forth to the beat of the music. At some points I might jump up & down because of how excited I am about how good my God is too me, even though the words on a screen or coming from my mouth don't compare or comprehend to the goodness my God deserves.

I think I love worship because it's a
freeing experience. Being undignified in every sense of the word because it's not about impressing the people around me...it's about the Creator.

These worship experiences here on earth are
just temporary though. They only last for a little while, we can try our hardest to make it last but this world is full of distraction.

My heart longs for the time I get to Heaven &
I will fall on my face in worship before my Creator. In awe of such power & beauty before me. Then, it won't be a temporary worship event, it will be an eternal worship experience!!

There's this song called
Holy that was recorded from IHOP(rayer) {not to be confused with the 24-hour brekky joint, IHOP(ancakes).} in Kansas City. Basically every time I listen to it when I'm doing my homework, running, getting ready for the day, or driving, it drives me crazy. It might be dangerous someday because I want to just stop everything I'm doing & close my eyes & sing it at the top of my lungs. This particular version of the song starts off with a section of Revelation 4 where it is describing "The Throne of Heaven", where we'll {as believers} gather on our faces before the King of Kings to utter praises to Him.....



"I was caught up at once in deep worship and, oh!—a Throne set in Heaven with One Seated on the Throne, suffused in gem hues of amber and flame with a nimbus of emerald. Twenty-four thrones circled the Throne, with Twenty-four Elders seated, white-robed, gold-crowned. Lightning flash and thunder crash pulsed from the Throne. Seven fire-blazing torches fronted the Throne (these are the Sevenfold Spirit of God). Before the Throne it was like a clear crystal sea.{2-6, the Message}

"In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures, and they were covered with eyes, in front and in back. The first living creature was like a lion, the second was like an ox, the third had a face like a man, the fourth was like a flying eagle. Each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around, even under its wings. Day and night they never stop saying:
“‘Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,’
who was, and is, and is to come.
Whenever the living creatures give glory, honor and thanks to him who sits on the throne and who lives for ever and ever, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who sits on the throne and worship him who lives for ever and ever. They lay their crowns before the throne and say: “You are worthy, our Lord and God, 
 to receive glory and honor and power, 
for you created all things, 
and by your will they were created and have their being.{7-11, NIV}

I can't wait.

No comments: