Friday, June 11, 2010

smile... it's the w e e k n d

It's just one of those really good days. The sun is shining, I got to sleep in this morning, I'm hanging out with the girls tonight, it's the weekend, I'm watching two of my favorite little boys tomorrow for the afternoon, Lighthouse starts again this Sunday, God's still teaching me about His timing, how to stop & listen for Him, let my words be few & how He sends us little signs throughout our day that reminds us He's with us.. it makes me smile.

All of that PLUS I've been on new music overload for the past few weeks & just got around to listening to the new Ten Out Of Tenn compilation called "We Are All In This Together". It came out a few weeks ago to help raise money for the flood relief in Nashville.

It's pretty great... it makes my heart love the city of Nashville & all the music that comes out of it so much more.
{some of the lyrics from the songs on here...drive me crazy, so I thought I'd share them with you...}

"...moving inch by inch, we're getting close to the edge, there's no other place to go so lets jump, lets fall together now, and we'll never have to touch the ground.."
--let's jump, joy williams

"nothing goes as planned, everything will break, people say goodbye in their own special way...you're in my veins and I cannot get you out, you're all I taste at night in my mouth, you run away because I am not where you found..."
--in my veins, andrew belle

"...I wonder what has happened to this dream, just say you'll stay and play a song for me..."
--one light wondering, trent dabbs

"...like poets and prophets who can't find the words, so they stare, and all that made sense has somehow turned to skew, I missed my chance with you..."
--missed my chance, griffin house

. . . . . . .

{God is in heaven & you are on earth, so let your words be few..}...ecclesiastes five:two

No comments: